Far East Community Area Survey #3
Far East Community Area Survey #3
The City of San Antonio Planning Department is gathering input to improve the draft recommendations that have been developed related to Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development for the Far East Community Area Plan. We are also gathering community input related to Focus Areas, Amenities and Public Spaces, and Mobility to determine what should be evaluated and refined as we continue with the planning process. Please submit your feedback by completing the survey by Thursday, July 20, 2023.
For any questions, please email Dave Powell at: [email protected]
Para ver y participar en la versión en español de esta encuesta, visite: saspeakup.com/fareast-survey3-span
Currently in Stage 1: Community Engagement
This survey is will be open until Thursday, July 20, 2023. Thank you for taking the time to make sure your voice is heard for your city!
The Far East Community Area Plan ("Plan") will help guide development and investments in the area over the next 10 to 15 years. Specifically, the Plan will address the following topics:
- Land Use
- Economic Development
- Amenities and Public Spaces
In Community Survey #3, the City of San Antonio Planning Department is requesting input on draft Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development recommendations, in addition to requesting input that will be used to develop similar draft recommendations for Mobility, and Amenities & Public Spaces needs specifically for the plan area. All recommendations are meant to build on the Plan’s draft Vision and Goals, which were developed using community input from past surveys and community meetings.
"The Far East Community Area is comprised of safe and inviting neighborhoods with diverse,quality, and affordable options for housing, dining, shopping, medical services, healthy food, and community gathering spaces, all organized around quality parks and the area’s own walkable arts, entertainment and shopping district. Residents of all ages and incomes can get around easily using well-lit and well-maintained sidewalks, trails, bicycle facilities, and transit amenities lined with trees and landscaping, green stormwater treatments, and public art."
- Improve comfort and safety throughout the area with improved lighting, signage, and enhancement of parks, trails, sidewalks, and other community assets.
- Increase access to healthy food and health care for all residents.
- Facilitate development patterns that include local employment and entertainment opportunities in one or more mixed use urban centers or arts districts that are highly walkable and connected and serve as an area destination.
- Increase equitable access to parks, open space, trails, community gathering facilities, and recreational amenities.
- Create housing, employment, goods and services that serve, support and are accessible to a variety of income levels,age groups, and multi-generational households.
- Encourage commercial development to be less auto-oriented and more walkable and provide a greater diversity of locally serving restaurant and retail options.
- Improve comfort, safety and aesthetics throughout the Far East Area with tree-lined streets, other urban greening, and integration of sustainable infrastructure.
- Expand the amount and variety of multi-modal networks throughout the Far East Area.
The boundaries of the Plan area are shown on the Study Area map. Please reference this map when answering questions.
Draft Recommendations: Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development
The draft recommendations for Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development for the Far East Community Area were created based on public input during public meetings and surveys. Please review the draft recommendations for Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development, and use the slider to indicate the extent to which you agree or disagree with each. If you have ideas for improvements or general comments relating to the draft recommendations, use the space provided for comments.
Use the slider to rate how much you agree or disagree with each recommendation.
Mobility, Focus Areas, and Amenities & Public Spaces
This section of the survey will help us gather input from the community to help staff develop draft recommendations for the Mobility and Amenities & Public Space sections of the Plan.
The next set of optional questions will help us improve our outreach efforts across the City. The information you share helps us better understand how your lived experiences contribute to your experience and perceptions in this survey. Your responses will remain anonymous.