Property Tax Help Information Sessions
The City of San Antonio is hosting 14 workshops across the city between February and May to help homeowners learn about exemptions and steps to submit an appeal to lower property taxes.
The free workshops will explain different exemptions available to homeowners and provide tips on how to prepare for an appeal with the Bexar County Appraisal District before the May 15 deadline. Homeowners seeking to file an exemption can get one-on-one assistance from legal experts at the workshops.
WHAT TO BRING
After a presentation, we will have direct services on site to help homeowners complete a homestead exemption application.
EACH HOMEOWNER SHOULD BRING:
• A Driver’s License or State-Issued ID
IF YOU INHERITED A HOME FROM A FAMILY MEMBER WHO HAS PASSED AWAY & THEIR NAME IS STILL ON THE PROPERTY RECORDS, BRING:
• A copy of the prior owner’s death certificate, and
• A copy of the property’s most recent utility bill, and
• If you have one, a citation of any court record
relating to your ownership of the property (such as a probated will)
IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING GROUPS, BRING ANY DOCUMENTS SHOWING YOU ARE A:
• Surviving spouse of a member of the armed services killed in action
• Surviving spouse of a first responder killed in the line of duty
• Disabled veteran or their surviving spouse
• Person receiving social security disability benefits (bring your benefit verification letter)
American Sign Language and Spanish translation services will be available at all sessions.